Lolita Fashion - Dolls - Historic Homes - Art - Sewing - Creative Writing - Film - Literature - All things cute!

Wednesday 27 May 2015

Debonair Strolls in Town

Or perhaps not so debonair in my case... It's nerve-wracking being alone in such busy places, but I seemed to manage and only cursed the whole of humanity to damnation only once.


First of all, I went inside River Island and bought some really cute daisy earrings for 2 pounds – they remind me of Margaret and the blissful summer times spent with friends and previous crushes. That was the first time I purchased something on my own. 


Then I crossed to Lord Street and went straight into Beales, on a mission to find those beautiful crotchet gloves I saw once with my sister. I got my gloves and they’re lovely; they’re from Dents and seem rather elegant, in my opinion.The Dents website has many gorgeous ladies' gloves, and some gentleman's gloves that wouldn't look amiss on such a person as Bertie Wooster! (Okay, I admit it, I'm obsessed - again). 

In a daze I found myself inside Waterstones, and fairly quickly I looked and found some books about Jeeves and Wooster, even though they weren’t written by P.G. Wodehouse. These made me smile, and as I checked them out I saw that one of them was homage to the author, called Jeeves and the Wedding Bells by Sebastian Faulks – so I bought it! Many of the Jeeves books were recommended by the store workers in Southport, so I’m excited to read it. 


At the dinner table I was talking about the book I bought in town, and when I said it was called Jeeves and the Wedding Bells, mum asked if Jeeves was getting married; I said that I hoped not, as then he’d be away from Bertie, who’d be all alone and wouldn’t be able to cope – and then it would be just called 'Wooster', instead of 'Jeeves and Wooster'! 
Dad suggested that maybe it’s wedding bells for Jeeves and Wooster, as they’re getting married to each other – my heart flipped and I giggled, as that was what I was hoping about the book! I doubt it though, as those kinds of things only happen in fanfictions. It was funny though for dad to say that, as it means I’m not the only one in this house that sees the chemistry between them. 

Just a photo of my findings: 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment