Lolita Fashion - Dolls - Historic Homes - Art - Sewing - Creative Writing - Film - Literature - All things cute!

Saturday 15 November 2014

Hyper Japan 2014

My sweet co-ordination
 My dad took my sister and I to the Hyper Japan Christmas Market in London this week, which was absolutely amazing! The only bad thing was that we had to get up at half four in the morning to catch the train (meaning I had to get ready on the train, and forgot my headbow), and that I unfortunately agree with Lord Emsworth about London; it's far too busy. However, we only had to join a very short, fast moving queue, so that was good.

I had fun Christmas shopping for my friends and family, buying my own Christmas presents (even an adorable Angelic Pretty handbag from the Dreamy Bows stall, a lolita sewing book, and the Black Butler art book!), people watching, drinking Japanese soda, seeing all the interesting fashion trends and looking at cute girls.

I saw quite a few other lolitas, and some of them even complimented me and asked where I got my dress from! Another kind lolita girl was asking me if I go to any meetups, and telling my dad how to sign me up to a local community in Lancashire. Plus, some other ladies who weren't lolita told me they liked my outfit, which made me very happy!

For my two school friends, Wendy and Sarah, I purchased two small plushies; a rainbow alpaca for Wendy, seeing as she's in love with rainbows, and a red-eyed bunny for Sarah. There were so many other adorable things I wanted to get people for presents, but by that time my money had run out...

There were lots of stalls for everyone, really; stationary, cakes, Japanese food, Lolita accessories, clothes that somebody like Yolandi Visser would wear (I can't remember the style name, but it was cute), kimonos, books, manga, plushes, Lolita clothes/bring-and-buy, nintendo games, and even a weapons stall! It was all very interesting. I got to see a martial arts demonstration and a beautiful Sailor Moon art exhibition, which got me interested in beginning the series - especially seeing as there looks like there is some shoujo-ai involved with Sailor Uranus and her girlfriend!







I wore:

Blouse: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
JSK: Shirring Princess - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Headbow: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Socks: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Necklace: Miniature doughnut pendant
Shoes: Lonna Mary Janes - Hush Puppies
Handbag: Universal Studios.

Gorgeous cupcakes!
  When we were done at Hyper Japan we got the tube to Piccadilly Circus and saw the sights. Then we went to Liberty to buy some fudge for my mother, and then to Hamleys to get a present for my younger brother. Sadly, they couldn't come with us, as Luke was feeling ill with a high temperature, and it would have made him much worse to drag him around London for 16 hours. Also, we went to see all the poppies at the Tower of  London, which was a unique experience.


Traditional food stalls
Japanese sodas - I had the watermelon flavour.




No comments:

Post a Comment