Lolita Fashion - Dolls - Historic Homes - Art - Sewing - Creative Writing - Film - Literature - All things cute!

Thursday 7 January 2016

2015 Sewing Projects

I've noticed a lot of sewing and costume blogs posting their progress in 2015, so I thought why not jump on the bandwagon and do the same, so I can compare my results in 2017! Also, I've recently made a sewing community on LiveJournal, as I noticed a lack of active communities and dress diaries there; only lovely Rosa and myself are members at the moment, though anybody is very welcome to join and start posting: Sweet Sewing is a sewing, knitting and crochet community for anyone of any ability to join. Feel free to join and show off your creations, ask for sewing or design advice, or seek out patterns. Knitting and crochet projects are also welcome. :)

So, for 2015, I have made:



A simple white muslin fichu as part of my ongoing Georgian project.


A Classic Lolita A-line skirt made from fabric from Ikea and white polyester taffeta.


A 50s/otome-kei striped dress, called Evangeline's Summer Dress. This was one of my first projects.


A black Georgian petticoat with ruffle.


A rather failing pair of Georgian stays.


A paisley top for my Mother.


A 20s cloche I made myself from leftover black velvet and some cordoroy.


Queen of Heart skirt made from Spoonflower fabric and inspired by Innocent World.


Another Lolita skirt, this time customised with lace and made shorter.


A jumpsuit for my sister (which she never wore).


A 1940s-inspired beach skirt.


A 50s dress for my dolls.

Hopefully 2016 will be just as, or more, productive! I've already got one dress in the works, which is a historical-inspired Gothic Lolita OP, and am planning my vacation wardrobe for the end of March. So expect plenty of posts from now. :)
For this month I am also working on some gothic poems, maybe more book reviews (the Wicked years all the way!), and perhaps some fanfiction, which you can find at my AO3 account if you're interested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment