Lolita Fashion - Dolls - Historic Homes - Art - Sewing - Creative Writing - Film - Literature - All things cute!

Saturday 30 January 2016

Queen of Hearts Tea and the Lady Lever Museum

Recently I've been feeling rather alone and down, but thanks to Facebook some good friends - old and new - have cheered me up by asking to see me! Usually I don't do things with friends because I'm rather introverted and as an Aspie I find it hard to deal with social situations, but I've had a lot of fun over the past two days and would like to do it again, and become more outgoing. 

On Friday I went to the Mad Hatter's Tea Pot with an old friend from high school, whom I haven't really communicated with in a long time due to different colleges and courses. It was really nice to meet up again, and even just hearing her laugh makes me laugh and smile. This time I had the Queen of Hearts tea platter, which came with a lovely tuna sandwich and a selection of cakes. I love this cafe and would enjoy going again and again!
Here's what I wore:


Blouse: offbrand
Skirt: handmade
Pearls: 40s vintage
Shoes: offbrand
Socks (not pictured here): Baby the Stars Shine Bright

And the next day I went to the Lady Lever museum in Liverpool/the Wirral with lovely Mo, from my local Lolita group.
Here's what I wore for this casual meet-up:



Blouse: offbrand
JSK: Lovely Sweet Room - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Headbow: Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Shoes: Hush Puppies
Socks: Baby the Stars Shine Bright

Mo was wearing a sax old school Baby coordinate, which was adorable and very Momoko-esque. I loved it!


We took some photos, listened to a live classical music concert (a lot of my favourite songs were played, and it has sparked my desire to learn to play the piano even more) and had a walk around the local area, which was so peaceful and old fashioned that I wanted to live there! After that we sat in a quaint little cafe to have rose tea and hot chocolate and chat. I had so much fun, thank you Mo for the lovely time!



Some photos of the Putting on the Glitz 1930s fashion exhibition, as well as some from the general gallery. Sorry for the blurry photos - I really need a new camera, as mine is quite old, and not in a fun, vintage way. :)


 









2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous - swoon worth, really - array of fashions. Both the yesteryear ones and the wonderfully pretty looks you ladies were sporting. Maybe it's just me, but I think that one owes it to amazing clothing like this to dress up, as you did, when viewing it. :)

    Many hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comments, Jessica! I agree, if it weren't for fashion (specifically Lolita fashion), I wouldn't have met my friends - so I do owe a lot to fashion.

      Hugs,
      Ellie

      Delete