Lolita Fashion - Dolls - Historic Homes - Art - Sewing - Creative Writing - Film - Literature - All things cute!

Saturday 11 January 2014

Louisa May

 

As one of my new year's resolutions was to do more traditional art, I decided now would be a good time to do some painting. And, can I just say, it was one of the worst decisions I've made in my life. :( Apparently painting is therapeutic, but whilst doing this, I have resisted the urge to throw all my paints and paintbrushes out the window and rip this thing up! ...Basically it was very stressful, ahaha. And whenever I made a mistake, I kept thinking "Edit, undo", realising that there is no undo button in real life!
Anyways, this was inspired by one of my favourite artists, Macoto Takahashi. I got a book for Christmas that had a lot of his illustrations in, and I had to draw something in his style or I'd explode. XD I loved that in the books, there was an interview that came with it about how he wanted girls to feel when they looked at his pictures. This was post WW2 when they lost the war, and he wanted his illustrations to cheer people up.
This is my character from my picture, 'There are Witches in the Cornfields' and I decided to call her Louisa May. She is a white witch who lived in Salem, New Hampshire during the 1700s.

No comments:

Post a Comment