Lolita Fashion - Dolls - Historic Homes - Art - Sewing - Creative Writing - Film - Literature - All things cute!

Wednesday 21 October 2015

Art: Midsummer Night Blues


This picture is inspired by a photograph I saw taken at the prom on somebody's Facebook, of my friends. It's a bit of a Titanic moment, but I thought it looked romantic and wanted to draw something Art Deco around it, based on the golf course scenery and Jazz-age balcony.
The dresses are 1930s and my own design, based around images on Pinterest and a scene of Jeeves and Wooster with Honoria Glossop in it; I could so imagine her in this scene with another Wodehousean girl! The Waldeck song "Midsummer Night Blues" is the title for this drawing, as the music sounds very slow and mysterious, perfect for forbidden romance on a summer's night!

This could be part of a series, as I'd like to do another Art Deco-like print drawing with a couple of boys next time. I'd also like to write a little something about these girls too!

No comments:

Post a Comment