Lolita Fashion - Dolls - Historic Homes - Art - Sewing - Creative Writing - Film - Literature - All things cute!

Friday 28 February 2014

Teacup On Thomas Street

 Today my parents took me to a really cool café in the Northern Quarters of Manchester. They sell all kinds of tea and cake, so my kind of place, really! Teacup is usually really busy, with people queuing out the door, but when I went it was okay.
I had the Tippy Earl Grey tea, which is basically Ceylon tea with bergamot and a sprinkling of blue cornflower. It was really gorgeous and had an amazing aroma. When it was served, it came with these little hour glass timers to brew it to perfection! It was so cute! As well as tea, I also had red velvet cake. I heard about the rainbow angel cake from my parents and wanted it, but it had marzipan on so I had to pass (stupid nut allergy). I'm not complaining though, that red velvet cake was delicious! Here are some pictures:

The table was quite crowded with tea!

Not a great photo, but the cake was so pretty

After tea, we visited this really cool art and craft store that had three floors! I also went looking for books in old book shops. I know it was a long shot, but I was trying to find the English version of Les Amitiés in Paramount Books. Needless to say, I didn't find it, so I'm going to try my best to get it on Ebay.

Right now I'm really interested in electro-swing music. It reminds me of the 1920s and 1930s, which also reminds me of my favourite books and films at the moment. My favourite artists are Waldeck and Kormac. As for favourite songs, I like; 'Why Did We Fire The Gun' and 'Memories' by Waldeck, 'Scratch Marchin'' and 'Jubilee' by Kormac, 'Hello Joe' by Vono Box, and 'Puttin' On The Ritz' by Fred Astaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment