Lolita Fashion - Dolls - Historic Homes - Art - Sewing - Creative Writing - Film - Literature - All things cute!

Thursday 20 February 2014

The Vault of Heaven


Fanart for the manga 'The Heart of Thomas' by Moto Hagio. This series is really beautiful, and makes me get all emotional when I read it. XD The characters here are Juli (left) and Erich (right). I hope they look right!

The picture looks a lot different than it does in real life, as I played around with settings on Photoshop. I prefer the edited version, to be honest. Materials used are; watercolour paints, white acrylic paint for the details, smooth paper, oil pencils, and salt.

As usual, I named the title after one of my favourite songs. This time it is 'E-GE Umi ni Sasagu/The Vault of Heaven' by Malice Mizer. The song really suits my interpretation of the story, in my opinion.

Characters (c) - Moto Hagio

No comments:

Post a Comment